Hiring a janitorial cleaning company is like hiring an accountant or lawyer. Just as you would never risk preparing your own taxes or writing your own contracts, janitorial services can provide services that you cannot do yourself. The typical janitorial cleaning service provides regular cleaning, using professional equipment and commercial cleaning supplies. Here are five reasons to hire a janitorial cleaning company to clean your office:
Small business owners often take on roles they do not know, like accountant, lawyer, and office janitor, to save money. However, this strategy is often penny wise, but pound foolish. Buying cleaning supplies and equipment, as well as spending your time cleaning rather than running your business, is a greater expense than you will appreciate until you have actually done it. Your time has value, but you have to calculate whether your time spent cleaning the office will offset the cost of hiring professional cleaners, or whether your time is better spent doing your job. More likely than not, you will find that you come out ahead financially if you stick to your job and hire professionals to clean toilets and durst shelves.
Even if you unload the cleaning duties onto your employees, you will rarely save money if you look at the big picture. Hiring a janitorial cleaning service increases productivity in two ways:
- You and your employees can do your jobs rather than cleaning. Unfortunately, when someone has multiple tasks, none of them gets done well. Consider your own tasks. If you need to do your job answering phones, writing reports, dealing with customers and clients, and supervising employees, as well as cleaning your office on a regular basis, both jobs will be incomplete. Multiply this by all your employees who you expect to add cleaning tasks to their regular job duties. Relieving everyone of cleaning allows them to focus on their jobs.
- Thorough cleaning can reduce absenteeism by reducing illnesses. Over 30% of employees work when they are sick. They risk passing any contagious bugs to your other employees. Absenteeism is a double-whammy when it comes to a loss of productivity. You not only lose the absent employee, but one of your other employees must cover for his or her co-worker. A janitorial cleaning company uses commercial cleaning products to clean all those surfaces in the offices, bathrooms, and break room that is susceptible to infectious diseases.
Hiring a janitorial cleaning service makes your office safer. Having your employees doing double duty by cleaning your office means having employees doing jobs they do not know how to do. The last thing you need is for your employees hurting themselves or, worse yet, hurting customers with slippery wet floors. Professional cleaners operating after hours in your office will keep it clean, and keep your employees and customers safe.
Customers and colleagues visiting your office associate the appearance of your office with the quality of your business services. A messy office can leave your office visitors with a negative impression of you and your business. As the saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. A commercial cleaning from a janitorial cleaning company can make sure your business appears professional, conscientious, and worthy of doing business with.
Employees often list clean air, sunlight, healthy snacks, and tidy work space are the difference between a pleasant office and a dreary one. Happy employees benefit your business in many ways:
- Happy employees create a pleasant environment, which creates happier employees. In short, happiness feeds happiness.
- Happy employees provide better customer and client service.
- Happy employees are 12% more productive according to economic research.
- Happy employees are more creative. Happiness relieves anxiety and stress and allows employees to be more flexible in their thinking.
- Happy employees are healthier and take fewer sick days.
- Happy employees are less likely to quit. Not only does this allow you to retain good employees, it saves you the time, effort, and cost of training new employees.
Professionally cleaned offices are happier, healthier, more productive, and more professional. Professional cleaning from a janitorial cleaning company can also save money compared to the cost of acquiring cleaning supplies and equipment and spending your time cleaning instead of running your business.